Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Beauty Mole

Saturday 25 September 2010

A Rose by Any Other Name


If there is one thing I love more than coconuts, it’s roses. Not only does the smell remind me of my grandmother, her potpourri on every surface imaginable, but also, it’s one of my favourite scents too.

The rose is the queen of all flowers. Its use in cosmetics charting all the way to ancient Egyptians and its properties highly valued for their harmonising and anti-inflammatory qualities.


Rose-y products are my long-standing darlings. I am fussy about the scent though, not being a fan of the synthetic versions of the natural rose. My everyday bathroom-cupboard heroes include a Rosewater that I have been buying in Russia for years as well as Jo Malone’s Red Roses Cologne. One of my favourite handbag staples is Crabtree and Evelyn’s Rosewater Hand Therapy, which has a delicate smell and beautiful texture.


Ila, which is a new organic skincare range that is hand-blended in the Cotswolts also feature some marvellous rose products. Their Cleansing Milk with Damascena Rose and Argan Oil is a winner. The thick milk is great for dry skin, so ideal for the approaching winter. 

For the body, I’ve recently discovered love+art. A fabulous organic range, its Morrocan Rose body wash has the freshest rose scent ever. A real pleasure. 


'I love to see you at my table, Nick. You remind me of a- of a rose, an absolute rose.' - Daisy Buchanan, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment