Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Beauty Mole

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Hair Do Me Good

Have you ever had one of those haircuts that is actually more than just a haircut, it’s a whole life-coaching session and dare I say it, life-changing? That is how I felt having been lucky enough to secure an appointment with the beautifully-named Cher at the Aveda Centre in London.
All wild-hair and straight-talking, Cher put me straight in no time. “Yes,” she says wisely, like she can instantly see through all my problems, “I see what you are trying to do here.” She is running her fingers through my poor, limp hair and says, “You’re trying to grow your hair, aren’t you? But your hair is having none of it. You are trying to make it do what it doesn’t want to do.” I was shocked! This is sure breaching the hairdresser-client etiquette guidelines? But it was definitely food for thought. It made me think that maybe I should accept that I might never get past the shoulder length hair I have had for a good few years now. And it also made me think what (or who) else I was making do things that are clearly never going to happen. Wise words indeed.
Either way, Cher’s intuition proved spot on and I had the best haircut I have ever had in my life. My hair also somehow smelt amazing for days, which never normally happens. A pricey indulgence, but oh so worth it. And if this is how good it looks now, I will be happy with shoulder-length hair forever.

All about Aveda

No comments:

Post a Comment