Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Beauty Mole

Sunday 28 November 2010

My Year of Beauty

The year 2010 is almost out. It started with a raaawr (it was after all the year of the Tiger) and ended in a purrrrr. This year has been a stomping 12 months for beauty. It continues to be one of the few industries to actually experience growth during the recession. And that is certainly true for me because my beauty cupboard has outgrown the bathroom. Here are my beauty highlights of the year; some new, some classic and a few surprises too.

When A Hero Comes Along: Liz Earle
Although a firm cult favourite already, as one of my good friends has been telling me for months and months already, I have only really discovered Liz Earle this year. The Cleansing Mask is actually incredible at calming my skin and drawing out impurities. The Hot Cloth and Polish Cleanser is a force to be reckoned with. 

Love at First Sight: Omorovicza
I simply adore everything about Omorovicza. The Thermal Cleansing Balm is my go-to product for a deep clean. The Gentle Buffing Cleanser with white pepper extract promotes a healthy glow. While the watercress leaf extract in the Radiance Renewal Serum leaves the skin gleaming and luminous.
Omorovicza Gentle Buffing Cleanser, £42.00
Omorovicza Radiance Renewal Serum, £66.00


Desert Island Essentials: 8 Hour Cream and Aromatherapy Associates Facial Oil
My dry skin and eczema is totally under control with these wonders. I couldn't live without Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream; I use it in every way possible, on my lips, on my hands, feet, even on my eyelashes at night. Aromatherapy Associates Nourishing Face Oil is the fastest-absorbing oil I have tried. On a cold winter's day, instead of primer in the morning, it gives the most flawless complexion imaginable.


Unashamed Luxury: Le Metier de Beaute
My makeup lesson with Mikey Castillo was my single most eye-opening sessions with a makeup artist. Walking away with a more tips than I could remember and such gorgeous makeup I didn't want to wash my face. I am addicted to the Eye Pencil in Champagne and black liquid liner: an eye look in a flash. Team that with one of the creamiest concealers and a bronzing powder with minuscule flecks of gold and you're good to glow.
Le Métier de Beauté is available at Liberty and Selfridges.

Hair-Raiser of the Year: Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo
Quite simply the best and most luscious-smelling shampoo I have ever tried. Leaves my hair soft, fluffy (in a good way) and full of healthy volume and shine.
Claws and Paws: OPI Nail Polish
Not only have OPI manicured the nails of every X-Factor finalist for the live shows, but continue to bring out a secession of covetable colours and collections. For Christmas and New Year embrace Glitzerland, Not Like the Movies and Bring on the Bling.

Lip My Stocking: Lanolips
My lips are sometimes dangerously dry, but Lanolips kicks them back in to shape. Made with lanolin, which comes from sheep's wool, it works wonders.
Lanolips, £10.99

Cheap Thrill: John Frieda Thickening Blow Dry Lotion
This spray is my steal of the year. It clings to each hair and creates a super-thick halo of hair. Hair doesn't get any thicker than this (can you tell I love Masterchef?).
John Frieda Thickening Blow Dry Spray, £5.59

If I only had these treats in my beauty cupboard, I would be one happy cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment