Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Beauty Mole

Sunday 28 September 2014

mama beauty: emily button


The next in my Insider Mama Beauty interviews is Emily Button, who is one one half of gorgeous children's online boutique Lil Beans . I met Emily at a jumble sale over a year ago and I actually secretly wanted to buy everything on her table. Plus, her beautiful daughter Lucie is one of the coolest little chicks on Instagram. You can spot her effortless, American-chic style from a mile away...


What is your daily beauty routine? 
Unfortunately I was blessed with the greasiest hair known to man. My day starts with a quick shower and blow dry followed by a beauty routine I've practised almost since I was 17. I've always been one for moisturising followed by a few light touch ups, can't do without a bit of blush, mascara, and a touch of bronzer. I like to save eye shadow for special occasions and wish I was skilled at putting on eye liner. I love to add a pop of red lipstick to brighten my look. I've never been a product junkie and have always felt that once you find a product you like you become reliant on it. I try not to buy little extras to keep the makeup bag light!
What makes you feel beautiful?
My sweet baby! I feel as though she's rocketed my confidence and made me feel like I can do anything. People always are shocked when they find out I have a two year old and I'm happy to promote that just because you have a child in no way means you're supposed to dress or look a certain way.
Do you manage to squeeze in any pamper time in between the chaos of children?
In all honesty, I haven't had my hair cut in two years (screaming emoji). I usually take care of my pampering on my lunch breaks. I'll run out to get my eye brows threaded, and I love going to Cowshed for a pre holiday wax. They are the best!!! In the states getting mani/pedi's (on the cheap) are a weekly norm and this is one of the things I miss most. When I go back now this is the first thing on my agenda!
What is your can’t-live-without product?
I've been addicted to Bobbi Brown's Bronzer for over 10 years. It goes on very naturally and gives a wonderful glow year round. I'm lucky enough to have close friends at Aesop and am slowly becoming a junkie for their products. When I had Lucie, they loaded me up with one of the best bags of toiletries Whitechapel Hospital has ever seen.
Do you have any beauty tips for fellow mamas?
Just be you! The more comfortable you feel the more confident you'll be and that's important to shine through for our little people.

No comments:

Post a Comment