Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Beauty Mole

Monday 13 October 2014

i do all over again...


Although we had our wedding back in August in Russia, at the risk of rinsing it, we are having a small registry office wedding in London this weekend. Purely for legal reasons only, of course, ahem.
Whereas the wedding in August was summer time, I was able to get a little colour from the sweltering Russian sun in the lead up to the big day. This time, we are in the full swing of autumn: harsh white daylight, rain, grey clouds and wind. Despite the drab surroundings (what happened to crisp sunlight and coloured leaves on the floor?) I am going for radiant bride: here we go again.
  •        Before my makeup, I am going to apply Sisley’s Radiant Immediate Lift. It is a very light gel, which brightens and tightens the complexion. Without buoyant shimmer it does also add a glow due to the rosey pearls for radiance in a flash. Plus, a concoction of vitamins and herbal extracts protect the skin from the elements.
  •        Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector is my weapon number one. I have written about it before and it really is a wonder product. As a highlighter it is silky, not chalky, blendable and dries incredibly sheer due to the ultra-fine formula of mica particles (this is the ‘shimmer’). This time I will blend this directly with my moisturiser for an all-over-face glow. Without looking like a shiny spaceman, I promise.
  •     On the cheeks I want a creamy colour as in the harsh light of white clouds, powders can look cakey and unnatural. This one by Le Metier De Beaute is gorgeously thick but blends in like a moisturiser. Plus, it has no shimmer, so wont conflict with my highlighter. (Sadly you cannot get this blush any more, but Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge are quite similar).
  •        Going very light on the nails with Essie’s creamy Pillow Talk – a light ecru with a hint of pink.
  •        Finally, scent. This is really important to me and I spent months, no exaggeration, looking for a fragrance for the actual wedding. A lot of people thought I was weird and some thought I was mad. For the big day and for this weekend I settled on Evody’s Ambre Intense. It’s a very heady formula, reminiscent of Tom Ford’s Oud series. It is rich, warm, opulent. Its middle notes of sandalwood and patchouli make for an intriguing and lingering scent that is not too sweet or sickly. It dries to a wonderful incense/amber mixture. I have had countless comments about it and want to savour every drop.
Bottom line: trying to keep things low key this time.
PS: these are actual dried flowers from my original wedding, sob.

Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal, £33
Evody’s Ambre Intense Eau de Parfum from £70 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2360233/?claim=wnu86b8vw3r">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment