Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Beauty Mole

Sunday 9 January 2011

Back From Russia, With Love


Phew! What a winter holiday that was. Russia on average was -15 and I experienced no less than five skin (and non-beauty related) emergencies. First my skin was totally flaking to shreds. Then my lips developed a crust thicker than the lunar surface. Finally, I diagnosed myself with the worst hat-hair I have ever seen, having to practically wear my hat even indoors.

However, I did start as I meant to go on. On the plane there, I armed myself with Caudalie's Eau de Beaute Elixir spray, trying desperately to keep my skin hydrated. I also always save up my sample sachets so that I can travel light on the plane. Finally, I was taming my hair with a comb-come bottle opener (from my grandmother's communist days. The Russians know you always need good hair and drink in-hand).

In Russia, I decided to try a new routine altogether. I had Rodial's Glamtox Serum. It is a beautiful texture, almost like a light oil, which helped to improve my skin tone in the harsh temperature changes. This was followed by Aromatherapy Associates Triple Rose Renewing Moisturiser, with the power of three different roses: Moroccan, Turkish and Bulgarian. Roses (after diamonds) are a girl's best friend. And you can never have too many.

I am glad to be back on less snowy shores and my skin can't thank me enough.

Caudalie's Eau de Beaute Elixir, £32.00
Aromatherapy Associates Triple Rose Renewing Moisturiser, £49.00
Rodial's Glamtox Serum, £60.00
 
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment