Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Beauty Mole

Thursday 12 August 2010

Fragrant mood...

Today, I as I rode on a train through yet another rainstorm back from Manchester to London, I actually started looking forward to winter for the first time.
Something that helped me on my way was my discovery of a deliciously dark and romantic perfume that I sought out in Manchester.


I am talking about a new range from new-kid-on-the-block perfumer Killian. Exclusive to Harvey Nichols only this Autumn, I had a sneaky peek at the new collection and was immediately transfixed by each, every and all fragrances in the collection. My favourite though, was ‘Back to Black, an opulent, rich, velvety scent that reminded me of my grandmother’s homemade wild cherry conserve mixed with rum. It has actually been designed as an aphrodisiac with undertones of honey. I’ll vouch for the aphrodisiac part.

The man behind the brand, Killian Hennesy (heir to the cognac fortune) believes in ‘Perfume as a messenger to open a thousand doors in memory.” All I know if that even the next day, I felt bleary-eyed with each accidental whiff of the perfume from the night before.

1 comment: